本來期待著日本導演岩井俊二來港出席《情書》和新作《Vampire》的放映會,「他的經典」vs「未知」該饒有趣味吧。可惜突如其來的國難,讓他臨時決定取消行程。
不過這活動也不是無聲無息地取消,放映前,現場便派發了他給觀眾寫的一封英日對照的信。
撇除導演身分,這也是當下一名日本國民的心聲。
希望如他所願,繁花再次盛放,也期待看到他所希望拍的電影。
英譯本如下:
Letter from Iwai Shunji
Dear Audience,
I'm so sorry that I can't attend the Hong Kong International Film Festival at this time.
As you must know, a huge earthquake and tsunami hit Japan and that has caused a terrible nuclear situation. I'm scared of when the next huge aftershock will come since earthquakes are sill happening. Also, I'm really worried about the nuclear plants since if one explodes, radioactive material will rain down all over Japan. These events made me realize keenly both the earthquake's devastating power as a natural disaster and people's foolishness regarding the nuclear situation.
In Japan, however, all the media announced that we're getting over the crisis and the radiation levels are safe. It sounds like they are mistaking it from pollen or something. It's insane. The TV claims the radiation won't hurt us immediately. Everyone knows that. Radiation doesn't damage the human body right away, but harms it over a lifetime. This obvious fact was left out somehow. We experienced Hiroshima(廣島) and Nagasaki(長崎). Haven't we learned? China may be in danger because of this accident. I hope foreign people will put more pressure on Japan. Now I'm really worried whether or not the news causes more serious damage. In this critical phase, I believe I have to do whatever I can as thoroughly as possible.
I'm so sad that I can't come to Hong Kong, but I'm satisfied with being able to convey this to you.
Looking back, in the year I made "Love Letter", there was a huge earthquake in Kobe(神戶) and a cult spread sarin (poison gas) in Tokyo. The earthquake was in January, the poisoning was in March, and then "Love Letter" was released in April. Six months before "All about Lily Chou-Chou" was invited to the NY Film Festival, 9-11 happened.
And now, "Vampire" was made and shown during such a hard time. Looking back, I really feel that while close to these imbalanced times, I had to keep making films. This makes me think that not only I, or not only films, but also each person lives somewhere in this world which is never at peace, or not joyful, all the time. It is something to consider. At the same time, I often think about what we can do or why we keep making films.
"Love Letter" reflected a lot of my personal experiences. The location was in Otaru (小樽), but I used a lot of my junior high memories from Sendai. Sendai(仙台), Miyagi Prefecture(宮城縣)(where Sendai is located,) and Iwate Prefecture(岩手縣)were the areas damaged most severely.
The town was reduced to rubble because of the tsunami, but flowers may bloom again someday. I want flowers to bloom. And I want to make films about the flowers.
To make this happen, we need your help. Please support us.
Hope you enjoy the film.
Iwai Shunji


沒有留言:
張貼留言